Tuesday, April 24, 2007

SOMEWHERE.....

Somewhere under this bright night sky, you are;

What are your own thoughts now I wonder -

Or are you wrapped in those mystic dreams

That comes with slumber?

Or are you restless, awake like I,

Perhaps too, gazing at this bright sky,

And reminiscent on times gone by?

When wrapped in the magic of youths desires,

Eyes full of longing fanned passions fires,

And the night air was sensuous, laden with scent,

As flowers to the breezes for kisses bent.

Oh the floodgates of memory are standing wide,

And a tune, an evening, a passion are blended,

And treasures of hearts crash in with the tide;

Ghosts of yesteryear, long since ended.

Dear heart, sweetheart, where ere you are now,

I know my arms cannot reach you,

Nor can our lips touch, delighting at such,

Nor with soft words can I greet you.

Yet, in some curious way, 'Neath this sky'

I feel that our hearts in spirit have met;

And a strange content is assuring that I

In time will cease hurting, and simply forget.

No comments: